Most Popular Questions
How can I pay? What are the payment methods?
- Credit/Debits Cards: Visa, master, AmExIt's simple to make a payment with your credit/debit card, pre-paid cards or any major credit card. Just follow these easy steps
- Add the product to the shopping cart
- Select proceed to checkout
- Select credit card under payment method and add your credit card information.
- PayPal: PayPal is an electronic payment system that allows you to pay through the use of your PayPal account or through the PayPal Website. If the status of your PayPal transaction shows as "Payment Review", reservation is not confirmed until cleared receipt of the payment. In case of any price changes at the time of confirmation, we will notify you of the price change and ask your acceptance before processing your order.To make checkout faster, you'll log in to your PayPal account on the checkout page of Gotobus/Takeours, login your PayPal account and proceed with the payment.
- Cashier Check & Money Order: Payment may be made by money in U.S. funds only. Please complete an order online and select “Money Order” as your payment type; you will receive an order number afterward. For money order, mail your payment to this address: 19 Broadway, Arlington, 02474. We don't accept fax copy. When we receive the mail package, we will process. Once we process your money orders, we will email you the e-Ticket.
- Cash: Only walk in customers can pay cash in our offices.
- Wire Transfer: The Amount for wire transfer must be more than $500. If you wish to make a wire transfer, you can use the following. Before you wire the money, please complete an order online and select "Wire transfer, Cashier Check & Money Order" as your payment type; you will receive an order number afterward. Please forward the order number and the wiring receipt to email@example.com so we can follow up your booking.
What is the TakeTours Price Protection Guarantee?
Book your tour with confidence!When you make a purchase on TakeTours.com, our Price Protection Guarantee ensures that you are getting the best price. TakeTours.com will refund the price difference of any tour if the price of that specific tour goes down within 14 days after your purchase. Simply contact our Price Protection team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll process your refund.
- TakeTours Price Protection applies only to tours booked on TakeTours.com.
- TakeTours Price Protection applies only to the tour purchased (this is verified by the tour code). Price differences for similar tours are not valid.
- Price Protection claims must be made within 14 days after the initial purchase and up to 1 day before the travel date. Claims must be sent in writing to email@example.com within this time frame in order to qualify for a refund.
- Price Protection applies only to direct and active price cuts on TakeTours.com.
- Price Protection does not apply to indirect discounts such as the Tour of the Day, Trivia Discount, Coupons, price fluctuation due to foreign currency changes (applies to tours outside the US), Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or Last Minute Deals discounts.
Do I need to apply for a visa to go to Canada?
If you are planning to take a tour to Canada, please check all the visa requirements before booking. Passports are required. Some nationalities may need both a US visa and a Canada visa. Please check here for the most up-to-date info on requirements.
Do you have parking?
Unfortunately, we do not offer parking for most of the departure locations unless it is otherwise specified on the tour page. We recommend you research and verify public parking locations near your destination.
How can I check the availability of a tour?
The available dates are always shown on the calendar located on the tour page. The dates showing in white are the ones available to book. If it shows "sold out" or if the date is not showing, you may click on the "notify me" link under the calendar to receive an alert should the date become available.
How do I know if my tour is confirmed?
All tour packages are subject to reconfirmation. Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a receipt by email. Usually within 24-72 hours of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email confirming the booking status. Specifics about confirmation notification depend on the tour package. Please read the terms and conditions of the tour you are planning to purchase to see the details.
How far in advance can I purchase a tour?
This depends on the tour you would like to take. We suggest our customers book their tours as early as possible so that they may secure seats on the bus.
How many people do you allow per room?
Hotels can accommodate up to four guests per room (including infants). Double, triple, and quad rooms will have two double beds.
How much luggage is allowed?
Normally, a passenger is allowed to take one big piece of luggage and one carry-on. You may bring additional luggage if there is space in the luggage compartment.
I already booked my tour. Can I extend my hotel stay now?
Yes. Simply login your Taketours account and click on the hotels tab to book the hotel of your choice (or go here: http://www.taketours.com/hotels/). You can filter the search by city or area, or you may enter a keyword if you are searching for a specific hotel.
What kind of hotel will we be staying at?
The itinerary page of the tour will have information about the usual hotel booked for that particular tour as well as the hotel level (i.e., standard, deluxe, etc.). The actual hotel will not be finalized until one or two days before the departure date. Most budget tours have 2-star-level accommodations (e.g., Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, or Best Western).
What should I do if I have not received my e-tickets?
We suggest you create an account in order to manage your tickets directly. If you do not receive your ticket after your purchase, you may use the e-ticket self retrieval.
Where are the pick-up locations of tours?
Departure information, including time and location, is listed in the Details section of a tour's itinerary page. There is often a link to a map as well. In addition, every e-ticket includes full pick up time and location information. Please print out your e-ticket and bring your ID to board the bus.
Do you arrange private tours?
Is Taketours’ online payment method secure?
Yes. All transactions are done through TakeTours, an IT specialist dedicated to e-payment service for more than 10 years. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): All requests related to credit card information and passwords (both login and execution passwords) on the TakeTours website are transmitted and protected under SSL. The transmission is encrypted by Equifax. All information is transferred securely between your computer and the TakeTours server; it cannot be intercepted by third parties. Credit Card Numbers: We do NOT store customers' credit card numbers in our server. As standard protocol, credit card numbers for pending transactions may be temporarily saved for no more than 7 days. Passwords: Our security system is further guarded by two separate passwords, login and execution, for TakeTours registered users. TakeTours users should never share their TakeTours ID/password with another person.
What do I do if I do not want to join in an activity?
If you do not want to participate in one of the optional activities, you will have to wait for the rest of the group to complete it before continuing on with the tour.
How do I pay by personal check or money order?
Payment may be made by check or money order in U.S. funds only. Please make checks payable to TakeTours.com and include the the order number on the face of the check to ensure accurate processing. Checks and money orders should be mailed to the following address; you can expedite check processing by faxing a copy to (617) 354-2109 (Fax). For money order, mail your payment to this address: TakeTours.com Attn: Reservation 2285 Mass Ave, Suite 204 Cambridge, MA 02140 Please be advised that this order will be automatically discarded if no payment has been received at least four business days prior to your travel date. If you would like to change the payment method to credit card, please discard this booking and make a reservation online. If you decide to cancel this order, you can just discard this booking.
My credit card was declined, but it still got charged!
If the transaction has been denied for any reason, your credit card or debit card will not be charged by GotoBus/TakeTours. However, your bank (not our bank or our credit card processor) may have set funds aside during the authorization request. Banks will release these funds between three and 30 business days after the transaction or upon use of your credit card or debit card. We offer our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience, but there is absolutely nothing Gotobus can do to prevent it. Customers who feel their funds are being held too long should contact the bank that issued their card. This phone number is generally located on the back of the card. See Also: I received an AVS mismatch. What does it mean?
Can I get an invitation letter for a visa application?
Please note that we do not process visa applications. We recommend that passengers applying for visas copy the tour itinerary that is mentioned from our web site on their applications. If you would like to have a written letter from us to ensure your application goes through, there will be a $100 non-refundable deposit per order. If the application gets approved, the $100 can be used as credit towards the whole tour payment. If the application gets declined, this amount will be forfeited. To start this process, please book the tour online and select the Personal Checks or Money Order option under Payment Method. You will receive an order number. Please put the order number in the VISA Invitation Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.